Life Extension Vitamin D3 5000 IU
Vitamin D3 Benefits
- A must-have supplement for bone health and immune support
- Supports your heart, brain and more
- Potent formula in an easy-to-swallow softgel
Getting Enough of the Sunshine Vitamin
Vitamin D is called the sunshine vitamin because your skin manufactures it when exposed to sunlight, but that shouldn’t be your only source. A vitamin D supplement goes a long way. We recommend about 125 mcg (5,000 IU) to 200 mcg (8,000 IU) of vitamin D3 a day. If your multivitamin already delivers 25-75 mcg (1,000–3,000 IU) of vitamin D, vitamin D3 125 mcg (5,000 IU) is perfect for achieving optimal levels.
Your skin produces vitamin D when in direct sunlight, but you should not get your vitamin D from unprotected sun exposure or indoor tanning devices. Supplementing with vitamin D goes a long way towards inhibiting deficiency: we recommend about 5,000 IU–8,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day. If your multivitamin already delivers 1,000–3,000 IU of vitamin D, Vitamin D3 5,000 IU is perfect for achieving optimal vitamin D levels.
|Dosage and Use|
|Individuals consuming more than 50 mcg (2000 IU)/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Do not exceed 10000 IU per day unless recommended by your doctor. Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium levels.|
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.